- Head of Legal In House
- Flexible Working
About Our Client
Our client provides insurance cover for customers via insurance brokers, intermediaries and direct distribution channels.
They operate from a number of offices throughout the UK and look after a diverse range of insurance needs.
In this role you would be responsible for:
- Managing a small team of lawyers supporting the prioritisation and most effective allocation of work
- Advising on complex legal matters - insurance distribution, regulation, general commercial
- Supporting and standing in for the General Counsel as required
- Working with key stakeholders ensure appropriate legal support and resource (internal and external) is available to the business - legal advice, managing, reporting on legal risk, horizon scanning and training
The Successful Applicant
- High degree of integrity with excellent communication and influencing skills
- Demonstrable leadership abilities
- Approachable and pragmatic - solutions and delivery focused whilst maintaining the right balance of flexibility and risk management.
- Approachable and able to explain complex legal and regulatory issues to a variety of internal audiences
- Professionally competent and robust with strong influencing skills
- Build meaningful and trustful relationships at all levels - ability to build credibility quickly and engender trust
- Able to work collaboratively to achieve the best outcome for the business
- Ability to work independently and with autonomy
Substantial knowledge and experience of advising on, drafting and negotiating in relation to:
- insurance regulation and law
- complex insurance distribution agreements (including some experience of outwards reinsurance)
- innovative insurtech/fintech arrangements
- general commercial agreements typically required to support the business
- high value technology arrangements, systems as a service.
- Familiarity with company secretarial practices and corporate governance welcomed but not required
- People management experience required
- Previous in-house experience a distinct advantage
What's on Offer
A competitive base salary and benefits package plus a healthy approach to flexible working.