Head of Litigation and Compliance
Join a growing legal firm
Opportunity to work with the management board
About Our Client
The client is a successful, growing law firm who is based in Leeds. They advise a varied client base from financial institutions and debt purchasers on consumer and commercial debt matters. This role can offer excellent prospects and a competitive salary and benefits package.
The Head of Litigation and Compliance will have responsibility for the Compliance & Litigation Functions to ensure that these departments fulfil their operational objectives in line with the FCA and SRA regulations. This will include but not be limited to;
- Overall responsibility of the Legal department, which includes the day to day operations working within the business structure of team developments, targets, results and setting/work with Client Strategy Manager.
- To evolve the department objectives and targets, monitoring KPIs implemented for both the volume litigation (non-contentious) and defended teams including team leaders.
- Legal guidance is given to CEO ensure that standards are maintained 'in- house' and external quality standards across the company.
- Oversight and overarching responsibility for the Compliance department by maintaining full control through the direct management of the Compliance Manager.
- Assist the board on all legal and contractual queries
The Successful Applicant
You will be a Solicitor who is ideally currently working as a Head of Litigation and Compliance lawyer. The successful candidate will have a detailed knowledge of the SRA / FCA regulatory framework and associated rules and matters of compliance, risk and governance.
What's on Offer