Head of Logistics
Leading Global Manufacturing Business
Fantastic Benefits Package Available
About Our Client
Michael Page Logistics are supporting a leading Global Manufacturing business in their search for a Head of Logistics to oversee their UK & European based operations.
This position will:
- Report to the Operations Director.
- Be responsible for in-house Warehousing & Stores operations within the UK & Europe.
- Manage the groups overall headcount ranging from 40 - 60 heads depending on peak periods through a direct management team.
- Be responsible for an operational budget of c.£6M.
- Be responsible for a stock holding of c. £15M.
- Lead the Groups heath & safety strategy.
- Manage material flow from an inbound and finished goods perspective to ensure Production runs at its optimum.
- Manage various 3rd party carriers across the UK & Europe.
- Lead the business through the challenges faced with Brexit - Customs Compliance, Import & Export and Freight Forwarders.
- Act as an interface with senior stakeholders including, Operations, Manufacturing, Procurement, HR and Commercial.
- Be responsible for people development, HR related issues and recruitment.
- Commutable to Lutterworth, Leicestershire along with flexibility for European travel.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate for the Head of Logistics position will have the following skills and experiences:
- A Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain background.
- Be Degree educated - Advantageous.
- Have a minimum of 5+ years Warehouse / Operations Management experience.
- Have worked for a Manufacturing business - Advantageous.
- Multi-Site experience is desirable.
- Have operated at a Warehouse Manager, Site Manager, Depot Manager, General Manager, Regional General Manager or Head of Logistics level previously.
- Exposure to managing International operations would be advantageous.
- IOSH / NEBOSH - Desirable but not essential.
- Exposure to managing a P&L up to £3M.
- A strong history in running group wide H&S programmes.
- Have a track record in successfully delivering high levels of service through various 3rd party carriers.
- Have a track record of project management with successful delivery.
- Be results driven and commercially focused.
- Be commutable to Lutterworth, Leicestershire.
What's on Offer
This role offers:
- Salary - £50,000 to £60,000
- Company Car / Car Allowance.
- Company Bonus - Performance related.
- Holiday Package.
- Health Care.
- Plus additional Company benefits.