Head of Marketing and Communications
Working for a specialist financial services and fintech business
This role will be developing and rolling out the marketing plan for the business
About Our Client
The business are a specialist financial securities and fintech business who are looking to hire a Head of Marketing and Communications into their team in London.
This is a newly created role for a hands-on head of marketing and communications who will be required to build out a marketing function & team, work with senior stakeholders to develop strategy, and take an active role in implementation. It is an ideal opportunity to join an established FinTech with significant growth ambitions, for a candidate excited about creating a marketing department from scratch - including defining brand strategy, creating a new website, hiring a team (or identifying appropriate outsourcing), managing a budget, creating communication plans and content, and bringing several products & services to market in year 1.
Key responsibilities of the Head of Marketing and Communications:
* Analyse the current brand, marketing and communications strategy and devise a revamp in line with new business plan; introduce marketing best practice across the group.
* Work across teams to build out structured revenue generating marketing campaigns.
* Be responsible for overseeing several product & service launches; acting as a link between Corporate Development, Sales and product teams.
Execute campaign plans, measuring effectiveness against agreed metrics.
* Hire & manage a small team (1-2 initially) or choose & manage agency resource.
* Be an active member & report into the Group Management Committee.
* Contribute to the development of a website articulating the company's new strategy.
* Create sales tools & content for website & other channels, including graphics, video and other media; this is a hands-on role and will require the individual to lead by example and execute, not just provide oversight.
* Develop existing thought leadership & content programmes to position the business as thought-leaders in new sectors.
* Manage industry engagement and events programmes.
* Manage our client communications programme with other senior stakeholders.
* Responsible (along with other senior stakeholders) for brand management, PR and communications, client engagement, design, online and digital marketing.
* Suggest software that will enhance the marketing process.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate:
- Experienced B2B Financial Services and/or Technology marketing professional, ideally with hands-on experience managing product launches and developing strategy
- An entrepreneurial mindset, excited to play a key role in a well-established FinTech that is now pursuing a rapid expansion & growth strategy.
- A proven track record of building out ROI-driven marketing initiatives.
- Experience in campaign management and good, broad marketing skills (strategy development, creative lead, website development, copywriting, idea generation and design judgment).
- Comfortable with taking over a largely dormant marketing function: leading on strategy, putting together a team and bringing products to market.
- Knowledge of CRM systems and marketing software desirable.
- Good communication and stakeholder management skills essential.
- 10+ years of experience in B2B marketing, ideally from a financial services background.
What's on Offer
Competitive salary and package on offer for the successful candidate.