Head of Marketing and Communications
New, independent and innovative not for profit organisation
£50,000 - £60,000
About Our Client
Michael Page are currently working with a new, innovative and progressive not for profit organisation with huge plans for progression and development. The organisation would be best suited to an individual with the tenacity to challenge the status quo and someone who thrives in an entrepreneurial working environment.
As the Head of Marketing and Communications working with the Director of Strategy & Innovation you will create and deliver the organisation's overall marketing and communications strategy to support growth its influence and impact. You will need to be creative, innovative and unafraid to challenge the status quo. This isn't a standard marketing job and they aren't looking for someone to produce pro-forma marketing material. Instead, you will bring a vision for building a movement of people and organisations committed to improving employment prospects that spans their online presence, press activity, real and virtual events. You will think 'digital first' and know how to create a highly professional, user centric online presence that makes complex ideas appear simple through clarity of thought, harnessing animation, film and podcasts, coupled with the intelligent creation of bespoke online toolkits. You will have the freedom and budget to engage external partners to make this happen.
The Successful Applicant
● Considerable proven experience in both marketing and communications and in developing and executing strategies and plans
● Demonstrable PR experience of establishing strong relationships with the media in order to fulfil the organisations ambition to become the 'go to' for influential comment on the young peoples 'agenda across TV, Radio, internet and print
● Experience of developing and delivering innovative marketing and communications campaigns, preferably including events management, alongside multiple stakeholders and partners and able to measure the PR value of these from an influencing perspective
● Expertise across the breadth of digital marketing including website development
● Strong relationships with third sector, private sector and media
● Proven ability to cost campaigns and other projects, set and track budgets and measure and demonstrate success
● Experience in managing external contractor and supplier relationships (as a small team some expertise will need to be bought in)
● Track record in leading, motivating and developing a diverse and high performing Marketing and Communications teams to deliver required results
What's on Offer
The successful candidate will receive a salary of £50,000 - £60,000 plus generous benefits.