Head of Mechanical Engineering
Head of Mechanical Engineering in London.
Taking a thriving and iconic brand into the next phase of development.
About Our Client
My client is a market leading design and manufacturing business in London with aggressive growth plans for the future.
The Head of Mechanical Engineering will have the following responsibilities:
- Lead the Mechanical Engineering Group and be a driver of engineering excellence and a mentor for younger engineers, in your teams and others.
- Apply the latest engineering techniques, materials and advanced manufacturing methods to build new products to continue the success into the next decades.
- Drive expertise in engineering science, design for manufacture and product development to drive the adoption of new advanced materials and production processes into products and the business.
- Collaborate with peers in Product Design, Production Engineering, Sourcing and Quality to shape the business's product and engineering strategy.
The Successful Applicant
- Master's or bachelor's degree in a relevant engineering discipline.
- Capable of leading an engineering team to take a product or process from concept into production; managing day to day engineering activities, budgets, BoMs, GA's as well as mentoring support for mid-level and junior design engineers.
- Sound understanding of manufacturing engineering; able to confidently participate in discussions with internal and external suppliers.
- Sound understanding of metallic materials is essential; their properties and use. Knowledge of composite materials would be useful.
- Demonstrable knowledge in using DFMEA's to manage and reduce engineering risk.
- Demonstrable skills in using tolerance analysis to ensure a design and assembly is process capable.
- Knowledge in using DFM and DFA techniques; demonstrating the ability to work cross functionally.
- Knowledge of developing product for automated fabrication techniques.
- Knowledge of developing product optimised for manufacturing techniques, including machining, casting, forging, welding, brazing, surface treatment, heat treatment, robotics and automated production.
- Direct knowledge of accurately estimating and controlling production and material costs in a project.
- Owned bills of materials and bills of process and using them as a project management tool.
What's on Offer
£65,000 - £75,000 + benefits