Head of Merchandising
A global brand that doesn't sleep.
With a vision to be the global fashion leader for a social generation.
About Our Client
Founded in 2006 by Mahmud Kamani and Carol Kane Boohoo has grown from Manchester's best kept fashion secret to one of the fastest growing international retailers. Year on year, boohoo have won various awards, launched new ranges, built a brand new warehouse and achieved massive growth, still with so much more to offer!
Boohoo is a diverse creative and energetic workplace where everyone's ideas are always welcomed and considered. They are far from a corporate business where hierarchy is structured and formal. Instead Boohoo strive to keep the family sentiment running through the business which creates an exciting, ambitious and supportive work ethic.
Boohoo has quickly evolved into a global fashion leader of its generation. Combining cutting edge design with affordable prices. Who wouldn't want to be part of their next chapter?!
What the role look's like:
- Forecasting profits and sales in an accurate manner.
- Using data to optimise the sales volume and profitability of all designated product areas.
- Planning budgets by category, option count, and depth of buy based on the overall business and financial goals of the company.
- Controls stock levels based on weekly sales and stock intakes (WSSI).
- Reviews sales forecasts based on performance, and actions re forecasts.
- Actions promotions and re buys as necessary
- Monitors and maintains buying margin and gross profit margins, achieving specified targets.
- Ensures that best sellers reach their full potential
- Advises on, and implements additional strategies and actions to continue to develop the merchandising and buying functions as necessary.
- Proactively works with the senior accounts team to develop effective working relationships which translate to agreed targets and performance.
- Agrees, establishes and delivers effective and financially sound strategies for the ongoing resolution of terminal stocks within the business.
- Continually reviews processes and systems within the department and makes recommendations for changes to support business goals and growth.
- Consults with other stakeholders to discuss and agree implementation plans for any required changes.
- Is aware of current and emerging best practice within merchandising/buying and makes recommendations to the business as appropriate.
- Works closely with the Creative Director at a strategic level within buying and merchandising and translates strategy to implementation.
- Ensures proper measurements are established to assess the success of all defined buying and merchandising.
- Builds effective and open relationships with all members of the buying and merchandising team, based on reliable, accurate and relevant data.
- Ensures productive relationship between merchandising function and all other business areas to ensure goals achieved, specifically the design and accounts teams.
- Delivers key information at the right time, to the right people, and presents at high level meetings as requested by the Director's.
- Understands, communicates, and manages employees to achieve the goals of the organisation.
- Utilises leaderships skills and motivation techniques to maximise employee performance and satisfaction.
- Monitors the team's overall service and team work daily and identifies and implements strategies to increase service delivery/productivity.
- Establishes and delivers effective communication strategies within the department.
- Leads by example in all work related activities, acting as a role model for employees.
- Proactively delivers job related training for all department members.
- Works with the Head of HR to identify wider training needs and to create a departmental training plan.
- Encourages, develops and manages effective employee relations across all areas of the business.
- Identifies candidates for succession planning & promotion and brings these to the attention of the Head of HR and Director(s).
The Successful Applicant
What the ideal candidate looks like:
You will either be a successful Merchandising Manager or Head of Merchandising with solid experience in the fashion retail sector. Ideally you will be conversant with planning and online trading.
This role is perfect for someone who thrives in a fast past paced, autonomous environment.
What's on Offer
In addition to a competitive basic salary and huge bonus potential, boohoo offer pension plans, staff discount, health care schemes as well as an on-site Gym.
For any additional detail please contact Nicola Morgan on 01216346972