Head of Operations
Head of Operations role in the West Midlands
An exciting opportunity to join a leading UK PLC
About Our Client
My client, part of a large UK PLC, is a market leader and innovator across its extensive building products range. With a rich history of manufacturing experience, they remain determined to stay ahead of the competition by continually exceeding the expectations of a demanding customer base.
With multiple sites across the UK, the Head of Operations will be responsible for two of these with the objective to drive and develop their profitability. Reporting into the Group Operations Director, you will do this by leading and developing all operational activities, implementing and developing efficient and sustainable manufacturing units through their processes, whilst enhancing productivity and throughput.
As Head Of Operations you will provide leadership and management direction for all employees consistent with the strategic business objectives of the Group. Your accountability will be for 2 sites in the West Midlands and will include customer satisfaction, safety, quality and cost, morale and environment.
As Head of Operations you will define the requirements of each function ensuring a joined up approach working in tandem to optimise efficiency and cross functional working.
You will drive a culture of continuous improvement using best practice Lean processes to increase productivity and reduce operational costs whilst maintaining the quality required by our customers.
You will be expected to provide exceptional leadership ability to deliver a high performing and effective team, embedding a performance culture whilst positively motivating all staff. You are also required to carry out annual appraisals and regular reviews and to produce training and development plans that ensure the effectiveness of your team.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal Head of Operations will -
- Be certified to degree level ideally in engineering and with previous experience of working within manufacturing and ideally with plastics (extrusion / laminating)
- Have significant experience as an Operations Manager or Plant Manager including proven experience of leading cross functional teams
- Have a working understanding of the principles and tools of lean manufacturing and continuous improvement tools within a high volume manufacturing site
- Possess the ability to work productively, efficiently & effectively with initiative and drive under tight timescales and pressure whilst maintaining attention to detail and quality
- Be financially astute with understanding of balance sheet, P&L, overhead management and operating cash flow
- A decision maker capable of operating at a strategic level
- Strong, passionate and motivational leadership and communication skills
- An innovative and customer focused thinker
What's on Offer
An excellent salary and benefits package is on offer. Career opportunities will exist within the wider Group for the right candidate.