Head of Operations
A new role in a growing bsuiness
Unrivalled progression opportunity
About Our Client
This leading UK business has an unrivalled reputation for quality, service and entrepreneurialism and have experienced impressive diversification and growth in recent years. Their success is built on a culture of innovation and agility alongside an unrivalled ambition.
Building on an impressive history, they are now entering into a new and stimulating period and are looking for a Head of Operations to assist them in driving forward.
Forming part of the senior leadership team the Head of Operations will have responsibility for all production and engineering on this complex site. You will be tasked with delivering inspirational leadership and developing a culture of succession through a team of a team of direct reports.
As HOO you will report directly into the Managing Director and will be tasked with leading the operation through further growth and diversification while ensuring consistent improvement across existing product streams. You will improve the business use of data and ensure customer service and delivery is at the forefront of all your teams.
This complex industrial site utilises a wide range of equipment and boasts some exciting new plant and technology with a significant CAPEX spend.
Other day to day responsibility will include:
- Ensuring a safety first culture
- Reviewing, planning and coordinating operational strategy
- Budget responsibility
- Continually planning and reviewing the structure of operations teams and the HR systems
- Constant scrutiny of all processes and systems driving a continuous improvement culture whilst maintaining effective employee relations and employee engagement
- Responsible for the maintenance and improvement across all site metrics and questioning status quo
The Successful Applicant
Successful candidates will have a strong process / chemical background and a proven ability in leading and developing teams. You will provide inspirational management and possess:
- A demonstrable background in manufacturing leadership
- An exemplary track record of health safety delivery and improvement
- A successful track record mentoring and developing emerging talent
- A strong technical background with a relevant engineering qualification (ideally degree)
- Experience in a strategic role within a chemical / process organisation
- A proven continuous improvement skill set comfortable with using data
- Strong, passionate and motivational leadership and communication skills with the ability to build a culture of succession across complex production and engineering teams
- An innovative and customer focused approach
What's on Offer
Competitive salary, car and package