Head of Operations
Fast-Growing Manufacturing Business with Ethical Values
Unrivalled Training, Progression and Development Opportunities
About Our Client
Jenx Limited design and build products which are dedicated to supporting the postural needs of children with a wide range of disabilities. Jenx Ltd is at an exciting stage of growth and are working hard as a team to achieve their ambitious and focused business plan.
Their mission is:
- To enable every child to have the best possible opportunity of a functional and pain-free future
- To work in partnership with people who make our society a better place for those with disabilities
- To make a positive difference to our communities by staying true to our vision and values and being an outstanding employer
The work of Jenx Ltd really does change young lives for the better and they stay true to their values in everything that they do.
As Head of Operations, you will be responsible for:
- The management and leadership of all associated operational functions including production, warehousing and despatch, quality, health, safety and environmental aspects across their two business units, Jenx and Jiraffe.
- The development and leadership of the managers and supervisors within the key department areas of the operations function, ensuring that key targets and objectives are achieved.
- Consistent analysis of key KPI operational objectives and be at the forefront of creating new targets for the operations department.
- All associated costs and budgets for the department including inventory control, material control, overtime allowance and the overall department budget.
- Ensuring the site is consistently compliant with HSE regulations and consistently delivering on the high levels of quality and service to the customer.
- Leading and driving continuous improvement projects and initiatives to assist in growing the operations department further.
- Developing new systems and process to aid decision-making across operations and be at the forefront of championing a data-led approach, in line with the overall business strategy.
- Championing a collaborative, inclusive culture and establishing key relationships across the business, liaising with internal stakeholders regularly to drive the growth of the business.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate must:
- Be graduate calibre of similar through previous operations management experience.
- Have experience in a similar operational management position and developed the strategic goals for a manufacturing business previously.
- Have a minimum of 3 years management experience within bespoke, world-class manufacturing environment.
- Be an excellent, effective communicator with the ability to engage and influence an operational workforce.
- Have extensive knowledge of continuous improvement techniques i.e., Lean Six Sigma with a demonstrable record of implementing this across an operational facility.
What's on Offer
The Head of Operations will receive:
- £50,000-£60,000 basic annual salary, dependent on experience.
- Access to the profit share bonus scheme
- 25 days holiday plus statutory.
- Company mobile phone and laptop.
- Company pension scheme.
- Private health-care scheme and health-care cash-back plan.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities tailored around you and the businesses core values.