Head of operations
Progression to Director
Growing private care organisation with a reputation for quality
About Our Client
A Northern based private care provider
Key Responsibilities will include:
· Operational Systems, Process and Policies
· Support management reporting, information flow, management and organisational planning.
· Action planning response to complaints
· Keeping up to date with national and regional scene in Care.
· Complete yearly reports to include Actions Plans - short, medium and long term
· Complete Tenders as and when required
· Support Home Managers and Responsible Individuals to develop action plans to address areas for improvement highlighted from the quarterly compliance inspection, audits and external inspections.
· Support the manager to implement the action plan and review progress monthly to monitor/ensure progress is being made.
· Support the home with safeguarding investigations and attend safeguarding meetings/calls as appropriate
· Undertake a monthly audit/review of the quality assurance framework to ensure that the tasks have been completed to the right level i.e. so if a CQC inspector picks up a piece of QA evidence they would be pleased.
· Assist home with HR matters such as investigations and disciplinaries as required.
· Home Managers to drive adoption and compliance in the homes
· Be on hand to support the Homes with clinical issues
· Support in the induction of new Home Managers
· Attend the home on CQC inspection days as requested
· Write up summary repots following home visits to outline the work done to evidence provider level engagement and oversight
· To provide effective and consistent leadership to Management teams in order to ensure high quality service delivery and business outcomes within safe and effective environments.
· To oversee and ensure the effective use of resources, including the financial performance of the Services, and support the maintenance of high levels of occupancy.
· To oversee and ensure compliance with all regulatory and legislative requirements at all times.
· To accurately represent the Business vision, strategy and values and ensure that Managers do the same
· To shape and develop the performance of Managers, within scope, using the Competency Framework to ensure that all Managers are meeting expectations in terms of performance and behaviour
· Identifying and communicating opportunities for new business and business development/growth .
The Successful Applicant
To be considered for this post you must have previous experience at Senior Management level within a care provider of specialist support services where you have overlooked a large portfolio of care services and managed Registered Managers and Area Managers. This is a remote role with regular travel required
To provide effective and consistent leadership to Management teams in order to ensure high quality service delivery and business outcomes within safe and effective environments.
To oversee and ensure the effective use of resources, including the financial performance of the Services, and support the maintenance of high levels of occupancy.
To oversee and ensure compliance with all regulatory and legislative requirements at all times, along with any contractual requirements and individual KPIs as set by the business
Identifying and communicating opportunities for new business and business development/growth
What's on Offer
The Head of Operations will receive a salary of up to £55K with realistic progression into a director position within 12 months.