- Lead and develop a Philanthropy programme for a well-known and loved Charity
- 12 month contract opportunity with long term potential
About Our Client
Our client is a well-known National Charity based in London with a large and experienced fundraising function and growing Philanthropy base.
The Philanthropy team was set up three years ago to enable the charity to secure significant support from Major Donors, Trusts and Foundations with some outstanding results to date. The organisation will be embarking on a new fundraising strategy that will look to build on recent developments and build a long term view and approach to this essential area of growth.
The Head of Philanthropy will be responsible for developing and implementing a new ambitious Philanthropy strategy in line with the organisational and fundraising objectives and priorities. With experience of securing significant philanthropic donations, they will be responsible for developing and managing long-term relationships with current and prospective donors, and for creating and implementing a stewardship and long-term development programme.
The Head of Philanthropy will lead and motivate an experienced team of three - Major Gifts Manager, Trusts Manager, and Prospect Researcher, and have the proven ability to build strong personal networks, and to engage and influence senior stakeholders both internally and externally. Other duties include:
- Lead on developing and delivering an ambitious five-year Philanthropy fundraising strategy, growing income from the Trusts and Foundations and Major Donor income streams, and contributing to the High Value team's annual budget.
- Identify and build relationships with major individual supporters with a focus on securing six and seven figure donations, and ensuring our pipeline of supporters is healthy.
- Manage the formal budgeting and planning process for the Philanthropy team to ensure sound investment of resources, accurate planning and reporting, and positive return on investment.
The Successful Applicant
- Demonstrable experience of working with high-net-worth individuals and high-value charitable Trusts & Foundations.
- A proven track record of soliciting six and seven figure gifts from high-net-worth individuals, and charitable Trusts and Foundations.
- Demonstrable experience of writing proposals & business plans, as well as using insights and data to inform commercial decision making.
- Substantial and demonstrable experience of managing and developing a team, motivating, tailoring development plans and building individual skills and confidence
- Experience of impact report writing.
- Experience of organising cultivation and stewardship events.
- A thorough understanding of the principles of the Data Protection Act, GDPR, ICO guidelines, and relevant legislation and guidelines, and how it impacts on prospect researcher and donor development.
- Experience of developing and working with a Development funding board.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, relationship, and influencing skills - able to engage effectively with a range of audiences, especially with influential and senior people, both internal and external.
What's on Offer
12 Month Fixed Term Contract, with potential for a permanent contract
Salary £59-62,000 dependant on experience inclusive of London weighting
Hybrid working environment