Head of Place (2yr FTC)
Head of Place
Policy, economic development, regeneration
About Our Client
The Greater Birmingham and Solihull Local Enterprise Partnership (GBSLEP) is one of 39 Local Enterprise Partnerships set up by Government to drive economic development in England. Established in May 2011, the LEP covers the geographical boundaries of the local authorities of Birmingham, Bromsgrove, Cannock Chase, East Staffordshire, Lichfield, Redditch, Solihull, Tamworth and Wyre Forest.
- The Head of Place is responsible for developing and leading the LEP's strategic growth agenda through the delivery of the Place functions.
- To shape, drive and support efforts to deliver economic development and physical regeneration that benefits local communities within Greater Birmingham, capitalising on our place within the West Midlands economy.
- Specifically, the Head of Place will be responsible for supporting the development of key strategies and commissioning work with partners relating to economic development, placed based regeneration, housing, culture and heritage delivering strategic ambitions set out in the Strategic Economic Plan and Local Industrial Strategy.
- Work closely with partners including local authorities, business and communities to support work on the master planning and implementation of major development proposals.
- External relationships, as they relate to the Place agenda will include partner local authorities, West Midlands Combined Authority, Transport for West Midlands, Midlands Connect, Midlands Engine as well as private sector partners and central government departments.
The Successful Applicant
- Significant experience and knowledge/ understanding of local and national policy developments in relation to the economic growth agenda, LEPs and Combined Authorities.
- Significant experience of working in complex organisations, and of working with senior private sector leaders, local and national politicians and officials, including a successful track record of working in partnership with ability to maintain productive and collaborative working relationship.
- Experience of developing and implementing policies focused on economic growth
- Experience of successful project management including cross-departmental and inter agency / organisation working and team management
- Experience of preparing and presenting clear and persuasive presentations and reports to a variety of audiences including elected Members, business stakeholders, public sector partners and the public
What's on Offer
2-year FTC (with option to extend)
£55,000 - £60,000 PA DOE (more may be available for an exceptional candidate)
Generous local government pension
29 days holiday