Head of Planning
Opportunity to join a global business
About Our Client
Our client has a global portfolio and a reputation for manufacturing excellence. They have been pushing boundaries in their field of work and are now looking for a Head of Planning to support the growth of the business.
This role will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Lead, motivate and develop the S&OP/planning team to deliver S&OP process that covers the needs of the key stakeholders across the business.
- Seek to continually improve processes and procedures to develop the performance and effectiveness of the internal and external planning network.
- Lead master production schedule meetings and communicate outcomes efficiently and effectively.
- Collaborate with Industrial Management to deliver the most effective utilisation of the manufacturing operation's output through the MRP process.
- Reporting of monthly key metrics for the business covering S&OP process adherence, sales and manufacturing performance compared to budget & plan.
- Oversee the development of production schedules to establish required plant and materials capacity for all production areas ensuring inventory projections can be achieved in full.
- Manage their planning systems to analyse/ collect data to further develop and strengthen their planning function and improve on-time delivery.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will have the following experience:
- Specific S&OP management experience and/or significant knowledge is required
- Exceptional planning and organisational skills with attention to detail.
- Strong leadership, partnering, collaboration and entrepreneurial skills.
- Strong communication & influencing skills with ability to influence in a multidisciplinary environment.
- Computer literate with extensive MRP/ERP systems knowledge (IFS, JD Edwards, SAP) and Microsoft packages.
- Ability to positively motivate individuals and teams to meet or exceed expectations along with driving change management.
What's on Offer
The successful candidate will be rewarded with the opportunity to join a global business which invests heavily in the development/growth of their people along with an attractive salary package.