Head of Policy
Head of Policy with a financial services membership body based in London
Financial services policy, wholesale policy
About Our Client
Financial Services Membership Body
I am recruiting for a Head of Policy with a financial services membership body based in London. You will:
- Promote the advocacy of the business sector and component segments. Will add structure to the work of the organization by being responsible for seeing through the completion of any work resulting from the association's top priorities (as identified by members). This will include drafting of position papers and consultation responses.
- Regulatory change; become closely familiar with all pertaining regulations and related ongoing developments, including supervisory guidance and interpretations. Interpret the impact of regulatory developments into business practices across different product sets, business models and geographical perimeters.
- Acting as a conduit to the various relevant governments, central banks and authorities to build a working relationship around this framework with relevant legislative bodies, supervisory agencies, and market participants.
- Assessing member requirements and responding to requests and proposals.
- Coordinating member working groups including those on business controls, rules, and compliance.
- Providing secretariat functions to such as agendas, notes, meeting minutes and drafting versions.
The Successful Applicant
You will have:
- Law, business, or equivalent experience.
- Interest and/or experience in wholesale or wider financial services policy.
- Experience in working with legal texts and responding to consultations.
- Excellent drafting skills are an absolute must. Must be able to process large amounts of information from different sources in short periods of time and synthesise this into clear, succinct, and structured written output.
- Be good at explaining things that are technically difficult to understand to a layman's audience. Experience in drafting texts, redlines and collaboration tools and media
- Is diligent and good at coordinating with a variety of stakeholders to produce (often written) output. Is structured and focused on deliverables.
What's on Offer
£70,000 - £85,000 PA DOE plus benefits