Head of Procurement
Hrad of Procurement
About Our Client
My client is a leading Housing organisation that has gone through a large period of change over the last 3 years and they are looking for a talented Head of Procurement to join the team on a permanent basis.
- Coordinate the development of the Group's annual procurement plan and lead the delivery of strategies.
- Negotiate, and lead discussions in conjunction with others if appropriate, procurement contracts, renewals and extensions.
- Establish systems so procurement processes meet all regulatory and legal requirements, drafting and publishing necessary notices and contract advertisements ensuring that high levels of probity are achieved and demonstrated.
- Provide expertise and support to the Executive and Leadership teams on all aspects of procurement including contract specifications, forms of contract, packaging and pricing strategies.
- Provide the key linkage between procurement and other teams and directorates. Provide procurement updates and effective consultation with stakeholders to ensure that decisions are made at the right level.
- Identify, build and develop an extensive network of external contacts to keep abreast of best practice and bench-marking to deliver efficiency's, improvements and value for money
- Manage the budgets, resources and priorities of the team ensuring effective and efficient use of resources to deliver agreed performance targets and customer satisfaction.
- Drive culture change across the organisation based on the 8 characteristics of transformational change.
The Successful Applicant
- Comfortable in leading a procurement team to high level performance, including matrix management
- Previous experience in delivering high levels of support service
- Understanding of procurement regulations and application of purchasing issues
- Experience of working with and influencing external partners
- Ability in translating strategic intent into operational plans and then successfully delivering on those plans
- Experience of interpreting complex data and using it to inform business decisions
- Displaying behaviours of leading and developing people
- Experience of working proactively to develop procurement services and improve systems
- Delivering innovative solutions giving value for money
- IT skills - Microsoft office up to intermediate level
- Ideally Degree educated
- CIPS or MCIPS Qualified
What's on Offer
My client is offering a base salary of up to £70k plus competitive package for the ideal candidate