Head of Procurement
Newly created role in a transforming organisation
Opportunity to build a flexibly working team from scratch
About Our Client
Public sector organisation
Leadership and Management of the Commercial Function.
- Design and build a new commercial capability / service offering - including design jobs and recruitment.
- Provide strategic direction to the team in order to deliver to organisational objectives and mission.
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to the organisation's guiding principles.
- Provide largely independent leadership for the function and/or team.
- Responsible for developing and supporting the team, enabling them to deliver departmental goals.
- Create an environment of strong working relationships both within the team and with other teams
- Accountable for ensuring compliance with mandatory staff related requirements e.g. H&S training.
Effective resource allocation across all areas.
- Maintains overview of commercial resources owned by the organisation
- Responsible for balancing loading across the regions as well as prioritisation of allocation of resources across the business.
- Responsible for succession planning across the function.
- Reports commercial resource levels, vacancies, age profiles and skills levels as required.
- Develop and deliver appropriate commercial training and awareness to organisation employees (outside Commercial team) involved in commercial activities and decision-making (such as requirement development, and contract performance).
Building and maintaining a Commercial Capability.
- Development of relevant policy, process, toolkits and guidance to Commercial Team and broader stakeholder base
- Development and maintenance of procurement pipelines, plans, contract strategies.
- Roll-out of category management policy and process
- Design an organisational position to P2P/procurement systems.
Managing an effective commercial service to Customers.
- Full life cycle procurement service (requirement development, tendering, contract management) proportionate to scale and risk of procurement.
- Senior commercial adviser and focal point for broader government Commercial engagement.
Management of delegated budget and resources.
- Responsible for managing own budget and keeping within delegated limits.
- Submission and appropriate scrutiny of business cases.
- Responsible for timely/accurate financial inputs to the organisation's Boards.
The Successful Applicant
- MCIPS, or working towards attainment within 2 years.
- Experience of the end-to-end procurement process.
- Communication - excellent communication and influencing skills to meet the needs of a diverse local and remote user
- Collaboration - able to work effectively as a member of a cross functional team.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced multi-functional environment.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Flexible and responsive to tasking and direction, with a high level of commitment to succeed.
- Able to take full ownership of tasks/adopts proactive approach.
- Knowledge of Government / Public sector Commercial Procurement.
What's on Offer
£62,000 - £66,500 + benefits