Head of Product Development
About Our Client
Our client is a leading provider of Consumer Durables, embarking on an exciting period of growth.
The Head of Product Development will identify new market and channel opportunities, and manage new product launches, through effective delivery of projects. The successful candidate will work closely, cross-functionally to prioritise the product pipeline, and supporting internal stakeholders, from Engineering to Marketing, in the product design process.
The Head of Product Development will develop a deep understanding of the market including competitors, customer requirements, developments and innovations, and new market entrants in order to collate and define new product concepts effectively. The successful candidate will ensure that all business cases are commercially viable to support the move into new customer markets, be they geographical, a new range or delivery of services.
The Head of Product Development will own the product plans and roadmaps for new products, all the while successfully leading a team to deliver projects. The successful candidate will coach and develop the team in product management best practice, and it will be necessary to map out team targets, and ensure the team deliver in a manner in which they are motivated and engaged.
This role is office-based near Yeovil.
The Successful Applicant
The Head of Product Development will:
- Have a track record in product management
- Have a proven track record in developing commercial propositions
- Have a track record of developing commercial propositions and successfully bringing new products to market
- Have a track record of market research, analysis and modelling
- Must have experience in Consumer Durables/Electronics
- Must have experience of long product cycles, 2 years up to 10 years
- Have a track record working with the end-to-end value chain
- Have a track record working with third party suppliers
- Must have proven, strong people management skills
- Have a track record in setting out targets, and driving team performance
- Have strong stakeholder management skills, including C-Level
- Ideally have experience developing international markets
- Be financially literate
- Be a strong communicator
- Be adaptable
- Be a team player
What's on Offer
£70,000 - £80,000 + Benefits