Head of Production
Opporutnity to head up Production for amazing and truly entrepreneurial business
Genuine chance to grow and develop with a market leading manufacturer
About Our Client
My client is a UK market leading Design and Manufacturer of bespoke furniture in the Manufacturing and Production industry who have grown rapidly over the last 15 years.
The successful candidates for the Head of Production roles at my client's sites in West London will fulfil the following responsibilities -
- Hold responsibility for the coordination and control of all aspects of production within the business.
- Lead, develop and inspire the production, logistics and delivery team to ensure content, efficient and committed operators surpass company targets.
- Have the ability to introduce and develop good business systems and processes.
- Maintain and improve production scheduling.
- Lead the drive to significantly improve efficiency and quality.
- Monitor Key Performance Indicators and plan strategy for improvement.
- Ultimate responsibility of ensuring health and safety requirements are met and maintained.
- Ensuring continuous improvement in production and production costs.
- Maintain awareness and knowledge of current developments in the industry.
- Take responsibility for setting, review and achievement of production team KPIs.
- To carry out any other duties that may reasonably fall within the remit of the post.
- Leadership of our Upholstery, Carpentry & Paint workshop (60+ people).
- Full ownership of divisional strategy, targets and P&L.
- Accountable for coaching, mentoring and team performance.
The Successful Applicant
To be considered for the Head of Production roles at both my clients' sites in West London the candidates must present evidence of the following -
- A proven track record in managing Production and small sites in manufacturing.
- Ability to communicate at all levels.
- Working knowledge regarding the use of technology and software within a business.
- A proven track record of managing production with the ability to motivate and lead teams.
- Able to show discipline, commitment and organisational capabilities.
- Ability to work closely with the Operations Director and Sales Manager to help drive continuous improvements to and achieve targets.
- Must be a hands-on manager prepared to get involved when required.
- Working of SAP Business One is desirable but not essential.
- Must have the ability to innovate and drive change to achieve the business goals.
- The vision and drive to succeed in a senior role.
- A track record of managing Production for a furniture Manufacturer is essential, and bespoke furniture will be a distinct advantage.
What's on Offer
The basic salary for this role is between £55,000 and £65,000 + benefits.