Head of Purchasing & Logistics
A fantastic opportunity to join a global manufacturing business
A position which requires people, process and systems development
About Our Client
Our client is a global industrial manufacturer. This site in S. Yorkshire is going through a period of transformation so the successful candidate for the position can expect to play a large part in that change management process.
This position of Head of Purchasing & Logistics will be responsible for improving people, process and systems throughout commodity & operational purchasing, PO management and fulfilment, internal stores, materials handling and parts distribution
The key responsibilities of this position of Head of Purchasing & Logistics will be to:
- Manage and develop supplier relationships
- Sourcing and commercial activities within procurement to provide structured sourcing strategies for production and none production goods and services.
- Manage, maintain and develop KPI's in relation to end to end delivery throughout the supply chain with particular focus on cost and quality.
- Conduct CI projects across the supply chain and promote similar activities throughout the team
- Work cross-functionally with key stakeholders and project teams to ensure cost control throughout
- Coach and mentor a team of roughly 5 direct and 35 indirect reports.
The Successful Applicant
Ideally the successful candidate for this position of Head of Purchasing & Logistics will have:
- Experience of working in a busy engineering environment
- Good understanding of MRP processes
- Proven ability to bring about change, excellent stakeholder management
- Ability to deliver objectives / results
- Communication and influencing skills
- A background in Purchasing and Procurement with strong negotiating skills
- Mentoring and coaching skills
- Good knowledge / experience of Stores and Distribution / Warehouse management Systems (WMS)
- Strong Leadership and ability to act with autonomy
What's on Offer
£70,000 - £75,000 + car/car allowance