- Head of Compliance
- Fintech, Crypto, MTF background
About Our Client
A start up fintech business (e-money/ crypto)
Work closely with the executive team ensuring a risk culture is embedded at all levels within the business.
· You will work closely with the Group's compliance office and MLRO to ensure legal and regulatory compliance. Above all you will build and overseas a risk framework and team that works collaboratively and proactively to identify risks and best way to manage them.
· responsible for establishing standards and implementing procedures to ensure compliance programs throughout the company are robust, effective and efficient in identifying, preventing, detecting, and correcting noncompliance with applicable laws and regulations.
· provide reasonable assurance to senior management and the Board the company operates effective and efficient policies and procedures in place, well understood and respected by all employees, and the company is complying with all regulatory requirements.
The Successful Applicant
· Over 10 years' experience in the financial sector with strong focus on financial risk and legal and regulatory compliance including AML, fraud etc.
· Proven experience as Head of Compliance/Chief Compliance Officer/Legal Counsel in a similar organisation.
· Experience of FCA regulations, MIFID, and/or similar
· Exceptional gravitas and ability to influence.
· Understanding of financial services or fintech.
· Experience maintaining commercial and positive relationship with an organisations bank.
· Experience in executing complex financing agreements.
· Ability to negotiate covenants understand financing agreements.
· Experience in reporting and economic analysis, ability to run analyses.
· Strong understanding in risk management practices
· Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting methods
· Ability to strategise and solve problems
What's on Offer
A board level position, regulatory advisor an integral part of a high growth business.