Head of Sales
Our client is a growing Consumer Electronics business.
Our client is market leading and Innovative
About Our Client
Our client is a Consumer Durables Homewear business selling into major retail/ grocery accounts including independents. They are long established, profitable and extremely successful business operating in a demanding global marketplace of design led consumer products.
- Prepare and agree a strategy with the Board to achieve shareholder's objectives.
- Ensure that there are robust operational plans to deliver the above strategy.
- Develop and recruit the right team(s) and support infrastructure to execute this strategy and tactical plans across direct and indirect channels.
- Develop a high performing culture underpinned by strong processes, appropriate KPI reporting and a leading-edge performance management programme.
- Develop plans to grow the business and exploit new market opportunities.
The other key requirements are:
- Professional, hard-working and ambitious leader who is able to demonstrate a successful track record in increasing shareholder value and profits in a customer focused, demanding B2B commercial environment.
- Expertise in establishing cooperative relationships with key partners and customers.
- Hands-on and results driven: excited by the prospect of working with a knowledgeable and experienced senior management team committed to a demanding growth strategy.
- International sales and business development experience, used to working overseas and the role involves travel in and to key markets.
- The expertise and influencing skills to win and retain the confidence of the Board and management team colleagues with regard to the continued profitable growth of the company and as an effective agent of change.
- A good mix of small and large company experience. The ability to provide leadership to all Board members and staff as well as to be hands on with sales and providing active sales leadership in developing new channels and closing major sales opportunities.
- An excellent down to earth communicator with established skills in leading, motivating and developing people - not a "suit".
The Successful Applicant
Our client are seeking a successful FMCG trained commercial individual who has worked in a relevant market (e.g. household, tiles, flooring or ceilings) within a product development business and has a clear sales and business development bias.
- Strong influencing skills at the highest level - persuasiveness and diplomacy.
- Strong presentation skills, ability to articulate and present views cogently.
- Powerful communication skills, including listening and report writing.
- Ability to follow up and implement strategy.
- Ability to argue a strong case on the basis of sound and full knowledge.
- Effective communication and motivational skills
- Ability to mix with others in a business and social context.
- Creative and solution oriented with strong problem solving skills.
- Determined, self motivated and with staying power
- A self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Results oriented and commercially aware.
What's on Offer
Great progression and development.