- -Strategic opportunity
- -Opportunity to work closely with the board to influence the technology landsca
About Our Client
The company operates in the financial and data arena.
This is a modern tech environment encompassing the following.
- To provide visible leadership for the Software Engineering teams, trending positive behaviours, communicating important messages and providing a voice for the tech teams
- Establishing the organisations Digital road-map, working with the organisation to identify the best approaches to delivering Policy and governance
- To drive the strategic direction of the companies products & services, considering emerging and legacy technologies
- Communicating architecture standards to all stakeholders, ensuring standards are updated and adhered to.
- Work with your engineering team to plan and track development of all projects through delivery to production
- Establishing and maintaining a clear governance framework that ensures continuity to the architecture strategy, principles and framework across all projects
- To have responsibility for the approval of Components and Technology for use within the business, including chairing the Technology Design Group
- Liaising with key Digital partners to quantify and communicate the impacts, trade-offs, risks, costs, benefits and opportunities of components from a software engineering perspective
- Create a culture of testing and automation throughout the engineering organisation
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate for this Head of Software will come from a coding background. They will have the technical knowledge to discuss in-depth technical challenges with the development team. You will also be able to translate the technical and articulate this at a senior level. The Head of Software will have previous experience managing development teams, including cloud environments.
What's on Offer
Bonus and career progression.