- Leading tours and activities provider in Europe and N. America
- Growing organisation that is looking to scale its development team in Europe
About Our Client
Our client is a leading tours and activities provider in Europe and N. America focused on building and sourcing experiences that bring travellers closer to their destination.Their mission is to make art, history, culture, geography, and of course food more approachable. Most people have access to these things, but their activities are designed to leave travellers with foundational knowledge and excitement over what they just experienced.
This is achieved by creating actional and pragmatic content and releasing it for free out into the internet - like a virtual guidebook. The result is millions of interested travellers coming to our sites and following our customer journey.
Candidates for this role will be passionate about well-written code, testing, and excel at coming up with simple approaches to complex problems. We're looking to convert our site from MVC to Blazer C# which means that Angular is more important as a coding language than MVCResponsibilities and Duties
* Circa Hands-on 30% of the time/ 70% strategising
* Help Make architecture decisions that contribute to maintainable systems
* Code Reviews
* Merge conflict and code maintenance
* Oversee and help with Sprint releases
* Help sprint planning on Jira
* Organising code in DevOps
* Write Unit testing code
The Successful Applicant
We are looking for a high-performing Head of Development to build and manage the team who will look after the company website, back-end technology, CRM, and API framework. The role would expect to help with code review, maintaining code, building servers, and help lead the Offshore team while leading on the hiring of an in-house team.
- Strong skills & experience in complex web application design
- Professional experience with C#, ASP.NET MVC (.NET Core prefer 6), Web restful APIs, Angular, MS SQL
- Leadership skills
- Experience with e-commerce
- Previous experience working at a start-up
- Ability to move between high-level design review and "roll up the sleeves" type of assistance across all phases of a development project
What's on Offer
The opportunity to join a growing business with a huge following, operating as the Head of Software Development driving the development and evolution of the businesses technical roadmap.