- A rapidly growing Innovative Fin-Tech
- Looking for a new Head of Software Engineering to join their UK team
About Our Client
Head of Software Engineering - Fin-TechThe client is a well funded start-up within the Buy Now Pay Later market who are now growing into the UK market. They are differentiating themselves from their competitors by focusing their solution towards a specific under-serviced industry sector.
Head of Software Engineering - Fin-TechYour Role:
You will be the organisation's first permanent tech hire and will report into their chief product officer.
Their beta software has been built using external software vendors, so your first task will be to perform a full tech audit on the existing software stack and ensure sufficient documentation is in place. You will support the CPO in continuing managing these vendors by participating in scrums and status update meetings and provide expertise on the tech infrastructure and roadmap.
The goal is to eventually own, build and maintain their own tech IP through using their own in-house engineering team, and you will provide the strategy and lead the execution of this plan which also includes hiring their own engineering talent.This role is ideal for a senior software engineer / technical lead looking to make a step up or an experienced VP/head of engineering looking to grow with a new well-funded start-up.Responsibilities
- Managing and coaching a full stack engineering team and guiding the development of features and infrastructure for web and mobile.
- Planning, directing and coordinating as subject matter expert on all activities related to software development.
- Owning the solution architecture with a key focus on quality control and code optimisation
- Influencing best practices, and helping to ensure these are followed across the company
- Optimising and reviewing the performance of teams, with an aim to increase the quality of engineering as a functional leader
- Hiring and recruiting best-in-class talent.
The Successful Applicant
Head of Software Engineering - Fin-TechWhat You'll Need:
- Bachelor's Degree (or above) in Computer Science/Maths/Physics/similar
- Experience building and leading a significant software engineering team(s) within a scaling organisation
- Strong software architecture skills
- Experience building and scaling high achieving engineering teams
- Big picture thinking - correctly diagnosing problems and building innovative solutions
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills to partner closely with Product Owners and Business Heads
- You are a self-starter who can work independently with minimal direction.
- Great communicator that can work in a collaborative environment
- Previous fin-tech/Buy Now Pay Later (BNPL) experience is a plus!
What's on Offer
A basic salary of up to £80,000 plus shares in the company.
30 days annual leave (plus Bank Holidays)
£500 paid towards your Holiday
Remote working (1 day a month meeting the team in London)