Head of Stock & Logistics
Head of Stock & Logistics for a growing events company in Gloucester
Great opportunity to create and lead an exciting brand new team
About Our Client
My Client is a growing Events company based within the Logistics Distribution and supply chain sector who are based in Gloucester.
- Identify effective commercial routes to market for chosen products. Including Support requirements, challenging price/kickbacks/poor supply/inconsistent paper trails etc.
- Make recommendations for developing the product category and strategy, create a competitive core range of products;
- Deliver and report on performance against agreed targets/KPI's/budgets on a regular basis including annual sales, profit and supplier income for assigned categories;
- Identify, assess and consolidated supplier base for current requirements whilst building relationships to improve quality, service and costs for the future
- Maintain detailed analyses of key accounts, working in close liaison with Finance and Sales, tracking targets and thresholds in line with contracts
- Monitor supplier performance, undertaking audits as required, and resolve any non-conformance issues;
- Undertake the procurement of selected products to achieve a high level of profit for the company and quality for our customers;
- Support sales including tender submissions in sourcing and providing competitive cost prices for new and/or substitute products;
- Develop training plans with staffing team/HR to ensure staff are upskilled, to drive product quality and consistency is maximised
- Ensure group policy and procedures are maintained through team
- Manage overall process of stock & logistics while on site at events & at HQ
- Keep abreast of industry news and developments and identify both challenges and opportunities that may play a role in the future of the business
- Maintain accurate records of all agreements and transactions, ensuring departmental systems and procedures are adhered to, and contribute to the development of all processes
The Successful Applicant
The successful Head of Stock & Logistics will be commutable to Gloucester
- Previous experience of working with drinks stock - preferably within festivals & events;
- A good level of product knowledge and industry understanding;
- Good numeracy and literacy ability. Fully IT literate;
- Capable of using Excel at Intermediate/advanced level
- Excellent communicator with great interpersonal skills and the ability to build effective business and customer relationships;
- Customer focused and driven by results and achievement;
- Comfortable working under pressure in a competitive market place to gain market advantage.
- Good commercial knowledge
- Ability to analyse data to advise on business strategy & development
- Warehouse management experience
- Good working knowledge of SAGE system & stock monitoring ability
- Demonstrable ability to lead a team, Inc. managing performance, coaching and handling/resolving conflict.
- Demonstrable organisation and planning skills, and an understanding of the need to forecast and manage all members of the stock team effectively;
- Excellent communicator with great interpersonal skills and the ability to negotiate and build effective team relationships.
What's on Offer
For the Head of Stock & Logistics you will receive a salary of c£50,000 - £55,000 + 28 days holiday plus bank holidays, 10% Bonus.