Head of Student Marketing
An opportunity to join a modern university with a growing world reputation
A varied role across marketing, communications, events and digital
About Our Client
Middlesex University is a modern and inclusive higher education provider located in Hendon, North West London. They possess state of the art facilities and a strong reputation for research. As of 2019 they are the UK's top ranked university aged 50 years old or under.
You will be the lead on Student Marketing for Middlesex University, shaping the end-to-end experience of prospective students, driving conversion from acquisition to enrolment and meeting ambitious recruitment goals. You will be responsible for a team of 18 people and have 5 direct reports. You will be responsible for the University's integrated marketing campaigns, customer nurturing programmes, events management and email marketing. This will include:
- Managing a portfolio of campaigns and student recruitment activities, including their budgets.
- Utilising market, competitor and channel insights to drive marketing and campaign strategy
- Lead the development of modern and creative student recruitment campaigns across all channels, including advertising, social media, conversion campaigns and events such as Open Days.
- Driving student conversion from acquisition to enrolment and meeting ambitious recruiting goals.
- Aligning marketing activity with the broader brand strategy to ensure consistent and effective engagement with Middlesex's target audiences.
- Collaborating with internal teams to prioritise the marketing of academic subjects and study levels.
The Successful Applicant
You will be a marketing professional with experience in the higher education sector. You will be an expert on insight and customer journey analysis and utilising them to generate creative marketing campaigns aimed towards student recruitment. You will be a modern, creative marketer with a skill for reaching young audiences. You will also have:
- Experience creating and implementing student recruitment campaigns and marketing initiatives, with a proven record of delivering positive impacts and customer acquisition.
- Experience with modern marketing approaches and creatively utilising them across campaigns.
- Strong knowledge of digital analytics, including customer segmentation and journey analysis and utilising them to drive future campaigns.
- Experience managing a wide range of events ideally involving student recruitment, including setting targets, budget management and analysing results.
- Experience monitoring customer engagement and satisfaction across a holistic framework, including touchpoints, digital, direct and social media channels.
- Expert knowledge of the higher education student audience.
- Proven experience in leadership, management and motivation of staff, including leading change management
- Experience of managing large budgets to deliver return on investment.
What's on Offer
This is a full time, permanent role paying £53,395-£61,000 plus benefits.
This is a grade 9 position.