- Unique opportunity to join during a period of exciting transformation
- Working in a high performing and vibrant team committed to delivery.
About Our Client
Drax Group is a renewable energy company engaged in renewable power generation, the production of sustainable biomass and the sale of renewable electricity to businesses.
Create, communicate and implement a centrally led global strategy for Supplier Relationship Management that demonstrates tangible value add and manages 3rd party risk and performance.
Develop, deliver, and monitor 3rd parties at Drax (globally, regionally and locally) and provide an assurance framework that is appropriate for all types of transactions and relationships
Design processes and deliver training for Drax supply chain, business stakeholders and supply partners to maximise the value for them from the programme.
Utilise all available resources to minimise risk, drive value and overall improve outcomes from our supplier relationships.
Continually improve the programme based on changing business needs and emerging industry trends and changes.
* Author and custodian of supplier relationship management process and policy, ensuring appropriate consultation and communication with wider team and customers to ensure this is well maintained, managed and communicated.
* Identified as key SME for supplier performance, assurance and relationship management.
* Deploy Strategic supplier relationship management (SSRM) for agreed suppliers and ensure the programme is effective.
* Work with Procurement performance lead to record, monitor and manage 3rd party risks.
* Provide leadership and guidance to internal business users and procurement teams through clear communication and presentation of transformation activities and goals
* Work closely with the Head of Procurement Performance to develop and maintain a reporting suite to support the implementation and management of the overall programme.
* Lead, motivate, train and develop staff under own leadership and across the team to develop a highly capable team that consistently performs to a high level.
The Successful Applicant
Knowledge, Skills and Experience required:
* Experience of supplier management programmes and/or senior supply chain management role within a complex, multisite global organization.
* Able to design, develop and implement a robust supplier assurance programme that is recognized as leading edge both within Drax and externally
* In-depth knowledge of procurement processes, relevant regulations and legislation, and best practices.
* Highly influential, able to drive change into traditional stakeholder relationships and gather business support for new ways of working that create value for Drax.
* Strong negotiation skills, strong contractual and commercial competence
* Experience of leading, negotiating and managing complex supplier agreements.
* Proven capability of exceptional supplier relationship management at a Global, Regional and Local level.
* Proven ability to develop suppliers through continuous improvement and innovation (better ways of working), utilising wide range of management and performance improvement tools & techniques
* Outstanding written and verbal communication skills with ability to communicate at all levels.
* Adopts a collaborative approach.
* Leads by example, is resilient and able to navigate complex challenges & deal with ambiguity.
* MCIPS/Project Management or similar qualification preferred
* Post graduate qualification preferred
* World CC certification will be supported in role
What's on Offer
Flexible working at any of the Drax sites
Competitive remuneration and benefits package
A chance to join a purpose led business currently going through an exciting period of change.