Head of Supply Chain - Development and Innovation
Head of Supply Chain - Development & Innovation
About Our Client
Michael Page International are proud to be partnering Sellafield Ltd for a Head of Supply Chain - Development & Innovation. This role will be a key member in the lead team of their Supply Chain directorate and a senior ambassador for the Supply Chain for the organisation. Operating within a complex business with multiple stakeholders, the post holder must have the ability to influence at a strategic level and display the drive and a tenacity to deliver stunning results. In doing so, the job holder needs to have a thirst for knowledge with the ability to seek out greater understanding of the businesses operations and requirements and the ability to translate the requirements into innovative opportunities underpinned through strong external insight as well as a passion for engaging local supply chains to build long a standing legacy between the business and all supply chain partners.
- Develop suppliers and Supply Chain solutions through open engagement and innovative conversations to ensure sustainability and the right support to deliver the mission.
- Develop strong collaborative business to business relationships with Sellafield Ltd's strategic suppliers to maximise mutual business benefits and return on investment.
- Drive the establishment of a socially aware Supply Chain which supports Sellafield Ltd's Social Impact Strategy and environmental sustainability ambitions.
- Direct the continuation of the removal of obstacles to allow easier access to SMEs to work with Sellafield Ltd thus enabling us to meet our governmental target of SME expenditure and to assist in their growth for UK prosperity.
- Drive Supply Chain innovation and collaboration to ensure we deliver on our commitments, enabling them to bring innovative solutions.
- To drive collaboration with our Supply Chain as we implement ISO 44001 Collaborative Business Partnerships.
- Manage and maintain Sellafield Ltd's Supply Chain Directorate reputation both internally and externally, transforming the reputation and perception and maintaining this with all stakeholders.
- Design and manage the market and industry engagement activities to ensure we deliver on our commitment to change the way in which we interact with our Supply Chain. To ensure visibility, open transparent and honest communication and to vocalise where opportunity for the Supply Chain lies.
- Set the strategic direction for the Supply Chain as part of overall Sellafield Supply Chain strategy.
- Work closely with Supply Chain and Industry bodies to identify Supply Chain risks, collaborating with Sellafield Ltd Category Management teams, to ensure effective management of those risks.
The Successful Applicant
- Degree or equivalent experience within Supply Chain or Business.
- Experience working at Director level within a supply chain business / association.
- Entrepreneurial skills with the ability to influence internal & external stakeholders.
- Ability to lead, enthuse and motivate others.
- To be able to demonstrate clearly previous transformation programmes.
- Significant experience of managing and developing high performing passionate teams.
- Strong financial management skills.
- Excellent supply chain network.
- Considerable experience working in or with SME's and supply chain companies.
- Experience in driving social value throughout supply chains.
- Experience with market engagement and supplier communications.
Experience of organising supply chain events and conferences is essential for this role.
What's on Offer
Sellafield Ltd are looking to offer a salary banding of SCS2 as well as a competitive package for this position.