Head of Supply Chain - Solutions
Head of Supply Chain - Solutions
About Our Client
Sellafield is a large multi-function nuclear site and activities at the site include nuclear fuel reprocessing, nuclear waste storage and nuclear decommissioning, and it is a former nuclear power generating site. Michael Page are proud to be partnering with Sellafield Ltd for another key role within the P&SC leadership team. We are looking for a Head of Supply Chain - Solutions to join the team on a permanent basis to support Sellafield and the Commercial directorate in the execution of the business and functional strategies. The role will play a key part in being able to lead and direct the sourcing delivery team, that partners with the category teams, legal services, senior stakeholders and leads cross functional teams in the development and professional execution of collaborative well-planned/ efficient, PCR compliant sourcing activities, that drive the selection of the right suppliers with the right capabilities to deliver fit for purpose, value for money solutions, goods and services.
- Strategy Implementation - To support the implementation of strategies and agreements as created by the Commercial and Category Managers, ensuring alignment across sourcing, contracting and supplier relationship strategies
- Scope - Accountable and responsible for the establishment of a high performing Sourcing Delivery Team and the professional execution of collaborative well-planned/ efficient, sourcing activities, that drive the selection of the right suppliers with the right capabilities in support of the approved whole life Category/ Make V's Buy Strategies.
- Category Management - As the Head of Supply Chain Solutions, and a lead team member of the Supply Chain, will contribute to and actively/ constructively challenge category strategies and thinking.
- Compliance - Accountable for the correct interpretation/ application of the PCR regulations in the delivery of compliant competitions that are without successful legal challenge. Ensure compliance with company procedures, policy, legislative, regulatory, environmental, safety and quality requirements and SL ethical codes and practices.
- Supplier Governance & Performance - Ensure appropriate supplier relationship/ contract management strategies, as set with the category teams, are embedded within the sourcing activities in order to set clear performance KPI's and expectations from contract award.
- Delivery and Performance - Accountable for the delivery of compliant sourcing activities across all categories, ensuring fit for purpose solutions.
- Project and Change Management - Working closely with other areas in the Supply Chain Directorate to enable the effective implementation of key Government change programmes and Policy through procurement initiatives. To lead, demonstrate and coach teams in the high quality project and program management skills required, ensuring procurement are effectively executed both internal and external through to successful completion.
- Performance & Capability Development - Accountable for the development of a business facing high performing sourcing team through performance management, training, coaching, mentoring and exploiting the collective knowledge of the SL Supply Chain function in order to meet and exceed the objectives of the team, function and business.
- Continuous Improvement - Accountable for the creation of a continuous improvement culture within team, that continuously challenges and reviews activities, behaviours, policies and procedures in order to capture, share and implement learnings which will deliver benefits for the Directorate and enable the achievement of SL strategic goals and operational performance.
The Successful Applicant
- Extensive leadership and change management experience
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Purchase & Supply (MCIPS) or equivalent professional qualification
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of the marketplace, and ability to strategically influence requirements and seek innovative solutions.
- Ability to critically assess and recommend optimum supply strategy from a range of make vs buy commercial options.
- Substantial experience of leading highly complex procurements, OJEUs and e-Auctions (insourcing, outsourcing, investment etc.)
- Substantial experience of delivering effective commercial outcomes and savings.
- Experience & evidence of leading teams at a senior and strategic level.
- Effective knowledge of dispute resolution within Government procurement, and proven experience of managing legal challenges.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills, and proven ability to building relationships, gain trust and provide constructive challenge and influence
- Significant experience of delivering and managing change.
- Ability to make difficult decisions and ability to challenge and handle sensitive issues, while maintaining excellent relationships with stakeholders
- Sound understanding of budgetary management and proven ability to deliver cost effective services
Thorough understanding of LEAN principles, and proven experience of applying these to organisational change and continuous improvement
What's on Offer
For this exceptional opportunity, my client is looking to offer a very lucrative base salary as well as an excellent benefits package for the ideal candidate