- Join a stable and growing SME with a strong order book
- An opportunity to help shape a team to support future growth
About Our Client
My client is a well respected brand that has demonstrated growth and stability (even across 2020). Over the last 4 years they have acquired and integrated several businesses to secure the supply chain and support growth. The business have recently finished a strategic review to map out how the organisation will continue on its current growth curve.
As the Head of Supply Chain you will:
- Review the supply chain function, which will include the org chart, job functions, systems, and processes.
- After a period of observation and BAU, start to implement changes supporting the development of the team and providing transparency on activity, and operational trends
- Evaluate team capability and create a succession plan for key roles
- Try to reduce transactional activity by maximising systems in place, this will include a demand / forecasting bolt-on
- Map out the global movement of product, implementing solution to mitigate cost through customs warehousing, product routes etc.
- Manage and review logistics partners / carriers for UK and international operations. This may need to be bench-marked and new partners introduced to the business
- Optimise inventory levels with the support of sales / key accounts
- Contribute to the leadership team, helping shape the business, and achieving growth expectations
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate will be:
- Already be a Head of Supply Chain in a fast moving, manufacturing / distribution business.
- Have a strong operational track record on managing and improving supply planning, stock level management, and forecast accuracy for a far east based supply chain
- Be able to clearly demonstrate building a sustainable team, and developing future managers within the structure
- Demonstrate an analytical skill set, and a strong affinity with business systems (ERP, MRP, forecasting tools....
- Have worked in high sku, consumer products based environments (Homeware or Textiles would be highly beneficial)
What's on Offer
circa £65,000 + package (potential flexibility based on suitability)