- client side Head of Sustainability role
- as HOS you will be able to shape up and influence on the company's policy
About Our Client
Our client is one of the UK's leading business within the travel & tourism industry and are looking for a Head of Sustainability to lead the implementation of the strategy for sustainable travel and tourism, across the areas of environment, local impact, human rights and animal welfare.
Head of Sustainability
Identify emerging developments on the sustainable travel & tourism agenda which might impact on external stakeholders;
Develop overarching sustainability narrative to engage external stakeholders with;
Work with Communications team to develop consumer messaging and champion industry action;
Support public affairs function to represent stakeholders interests in key policy areas;
Develop strategic relationships with industry stakeholders, experts, NGOs and other relevant bodies;
Promote proactive, integrated destination management with destination representatives and governments;
Ensure external stakeholders and internal teams have access to sustainability expertise, signposting to external experts where appropriate;
Represent the company at meetings, conferences and other public events to promote the interests of the stakeholders on sustainability;
As Head of Sustainability you will be responsible for managing the budget, performance and personal development of the Sustainability team.
The Successful Applicant
In order to be considered for the Head of Sustainability the following skills and experiences are required:
- Experience and knowledge of sustainability issues, ideally also within the travel and tourism industry;
- Ability to engage on sustainability issues in the context of a commercial environment, recognising the balance which can need to be struck between sustainability matters and other business imperatives;
- Capable of building and managing relationships confidently and professionally at all levels;
- Ability to think strategically, using skills and expertise to make decisions where appropriate, knowing when to escalate matters to senior leadership team;
- Confident communicator and public speaker;
- Experience of developing and delivering against measurable objectives;
- Works well under pressure;
- Committed to service excellence.
What's on Offer
A competitive salary and benefits package. The Head of Sustainability will have the opportunity to shape up and influence the company's strategy on sustainability and have very high exposure to leading external stakeholders.
It is an excellent opportunity for someone with experience in sustainability and a passion within the travel industry.