Head of Treasury and Business Planning
Well respected, housing provider
Broad senior leadership role
About Our Client
Our client is a well known affordable housing provider.
- Lead on the Group's treasury activities, including monitoring and management of cashflow and liquidity, management of the loan portfolio, ensuring all covenants are met, management of interest rate risk and provision of regular forecasts and reports to management and Board.
- Lead on the production of the Group's long term business plans through 30 year business plan models.
- Maintain and develop frameworks, policies, procedures, controls and feasibility studies in relation to the treasury and business planning functions.
- Monitor financial markets, economic statistics and forecasts, including interest rates and inflation in setting overall Business Plan assumptions.
- Advise on and evaluate opportunities for financing future developments and funding options.
- Be responsible for managing the key relationships with the bank and funders.
- Oversee day to day operations of the loan portfolio and investments eg drawdowns, repayments, interest payments, fixings, monitoring of counterparty credit ratings.
- Ensure proactive management of cash and maintenance of liquidity in line with the levels required and maintain a three year cashflow forecast.
- Monitor and manage security for loans, ensuring the efficient utilisation of our asset base.
- Produce regular reports on treasury matters; reviewing and developing report content to ensure appropriate level of detail.
- Act as the Finance lead in reviewing all development scheme appraisals.
- Contribute to other functions of the Finance team as appropriate.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will be professionally qualified (ACCA, ACA, CIMA, AMCT) and have a good understanding of treasury risks and mitigations and experience in their management, including the development, update and application of appropriate treasury policies.
You must also demonstrate relevant experience in negotiating and managing bank facilities and capital markets debt and knowledge and understanding of credit ratings.
In addition the following areas of knowledge are required:
- Substantial experience of financial planning within a business involving group companies and cross team coordination.
- Experience in the use of Excel based business plan models and their effective use for stress testing
Substantial experience of financial appraisals and assessment of viability of potential projects.
What's on Offer
The package on offer is highly competitive.