Head of UK S&OP - Consumer Goods
Opportunity to support UK leadership in the development of a robust S&OP process
Growing FMCG business
About Our Client
My client is a leading FMCG business with a market leading presence across the UK and beyond. Their brands are some of the best known and trusted within their category.
You will lead the S&OP, demand and fulfilment planning functions and lead the wider business to create a robust and effective S&OP process for the UK. Key duties and responsibilities will include;
- Management for all aspects of Materials Requirement Planning and Master Production Schedule by means of SAP and IBP planning tools.
- Achieve stretching service targets by managing Finished Goods stock targets and developing safety stock strategies on new, high-risk and Run-Out, Run-In items whilst balancing working capital and inventory turn requirements.
- Manage component inventory levels within established stock policies and targets by the placement of timely and accurate purchase orders for replenishment. Liaise with purchasing and vendors to control supplier performance and ensure deliveries are On-Time and In-Full.
- Work closely inter-departmentally to effectively plan and deliver production whilst balancing various service, operational, and logistical requirements.
- Implement collaboration with Sales teams and customer specific information into the demand planning process.
- Drive improvement in forecast error and Bias; work with Sales and Marketing and support S&OP meetings; resolve demand-related questions by troubleshooting and working with other functions.
- Responsible for getting an accurate demand signal for the UK sites and working with plant planners to ensure inventory is in the correct location to fulfil customer orders.
- Responsible for making a tie between the operational and financial forecasts.
- Bring the function in line with best practice and implement changes that take the function to the next level
The Successful Applicant
You will have a proven track record of success designing and delivering a robust and highly effective S&OP process within a recognised FMCG business. Key selection criteria will include;
- Track record of leading high performance teams
- High levels of proficiency across demand planning as well as some exposure to fulfilment planning
- Evidence of contributing to the growth and development of the business
- Business integration and implementation of a common platform for S&OP
What's on Offer
c£70,000 to £80,000 DOE plus excellent benefits