- Brand new role with a huge amount of autonomy
- 3PL with a focus on technology products
About Our Client
My client is a leading third party logistics provider distributing technology products to business and ecommerce customers across the UK and Ireland.
They are a global logistics provider with almost 200 distribution centres across the whole of the UK.
As the Head of UK Transport and customs for this business based in Rugby you will be the lead on all Transport and Customs operations for the UK and Ireland for this business.
You work closely with the clients across the business to understand their requirements when it comes to distribution both across the UK and nationally.
You will work with carriers and providers to set up new process and systems for customs and trade for the UK and Ireland business.
You will be the go to for all customs and transport for the UK business and have compliance, transport and customs reporting in to you.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate for this Head of UK Transport and customs position based in Rugby for this Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain business will have
- Previous experience of managing third party transport providers
- Up to date experience of customs and trade from the UK in to Ireland and vise verse
- Experience in international trade
- Experience of managing an external transport function
- Experience of managing carriers and customs analysts
- Experience of renegotiating rates with third party providers and freight forwarders
What's on Offer
The salary on offer for this role is around £85,000 + package, dependent on experience