- Omnichannel Retail Distribution
- Growing established business
About Our Client
My client is in the Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain sector. They are an award winning Supply Chain Partner who provide solutions up and down the country. This particular contract is rapidly growing and will heavily involve developing a CI agenda whilst driving performance.
- Responsible for the effective management of all functions, including warehouse, stock & systems, health & safety and transport.
- Responsible for ensuring that the ongoing operation consistently exceeds the customer's requirements both in terms of service to customers, budgeted financial goals, KPIs and operational standards.
- Providing leadership, motivation and career development to the site management team, ensuring that they achieve excellence on a day-to-day basis.
- Proactive in driving a continuous improvement culture; seeking out and driving improvement initiatives to ensure growth is managed successfully whilst maintaining challenging targets.
- Developing productive and effective relationships with key customer stakeholders to ensure we are able to deliver the customer's growth and longer term plans.
- Proactive in seeking out initiatives that ensure the contract supports the customer's business plan and supply chain strategy.
- Operating in an "Open Book" environment where decisions and performance are under close scrutiny at regular formal customer reviews.
- Responsible for ensuring the management team drives and embeds focus on ensuring high levels of employee engagement and developing the contracts excellent reputation within the business and the local community.
- Accountable for any change programmes required to meet the needs of the operation and to support future growth.
The Successful Applicant
- Ability to demonstrate senior management experience at General Manager level within a high volume warehouse operation.
- Excellent leadership, influencing and communication skills in order to maximise the effectiveness of a management team ensuring that they are engaged and motivated to achieve their performance goals and the KPIs of the contract.
- Confidence and an ability to build rapport, develop relationships with customers both internal and external.
- You will be able to recognise opportunities and synergies to enhance the relationship with the customer and be able to maintain and develop business growth opportunities.
- Interpersonal skills to be able to establish effective communication channels with employees ensuring that they are well informed about the site and the wider business.
- A clear commercial understanding and have the ability to provide budgetary and financial controls and be able to operate effectively in an "Open Book" environment involving regular detailed and comprehensive customer reviews.
- Energy, determination and commitment to operate in an environment where regular customer contact and scrutiny is the norm and the highest level of customer service is non-negotiable.
- Demonstrable skills in the delivery of continuous improvement initiatives using lean processes.
What's on Offer
The successful candidate will receive...
- A salary of up to £80,000 depending on experience
- Company Car or Car Allowance
- Bonus Scheme
- Private Health Care
- Discount Schemes
- Generous Holidays
- Pension Scheme
- Commutable to Stoke-on-trent