Head of Web Development
Take ownserhip of cutting edge public website for renowned University.
Currently in state of transofrmation improving web usability and fucntionality
About Our Client
My client is an award winning University based in East London, they are currently seeking a Head of Web Development to manage an established digital portfolio.
The key responsibilities for this Head of Web Development are:
- To work with the Director, and colleagues across the institution to develop and implement a digital strategy to ensure the university website and other digital channels support strategic marketing goals
- Take a user-centred, data-driven, evidence based approach to the development of digital services and customer journey.
- Advise and work with in-house developers and external agencies to support the development and maintenance of the University's external facing digital presence, producing requirements and technical specification documentation.
- Lead on quality assurance to ensure, high levels of accessibility.
- Oversee the management and use of Google Analytics, Tag Manager and third party tracking, and create, manage and distribute actionable insights via regular and ad-hoc reporting.
- Management of budgets, ensuring best-value-for-money when procuring goods and services, adhering to the university's financial regulations. Management of external service providers and agencies.
- Maintain a high awareness of industry best practice and trends, particularly in regard to accessibility, usability and emerging technologies, analytics and the University's CMS.
- Lead, manage and develop a highly skilled digital team.
The Successful Applicant
The successful Head of Web Development will have the following experience:
- Evidence of managing large customer-centric websites and digital platforms
- Experience of creating strategy and operational tactics to support business goals, and the ability to analyse ROI
- Experience of leading on web developments of high quality digital services using via agencies and internal teams.
- Experience of evaluating, implementing, developing and maintaining large complex corporate systems, including CMS and CRM.
- Experience of writing technical specifications for development projects and managing external agencies
- Strong organisational, time management and project management skills - ability to manage simultaneous projects, complex relations, multiple deadlines and a wide range of stakeholders
- A team player with experience of knowledge sharing, influencing, negotiating and building collaborative relationships and consensus at senior level
- Methodical approach to problem solving, identifying and reporting unsolvable issues for logging in support ticketing system
- Strong web analytics and reporting skills- ability to analyse and report effectively to provide insights and make recommendations for optimisation.
- Experience of leading, managing, motivating and mentoring a team to deliver defined targets and outcomes, carrying out reviews and appraisals.
- Ability to work calmly under pressure and maintaining a high degree of accuracy
- Knowledge of current and emerging technologies and toolsets to support the development of web-based services
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills - including technical report writing skills and presenting information in a easy-to-understand way
- Experience of budget management, obtaining value-for-money and following organisational financial guidelines
What's on Offer
This is a permanent post based in East London paying £45,000 - £50,000 per annum. Education and Training experience is proffered but not essential, what is essential is experience of managing large public facing websites.