Health and Safety Manager
Excellent career potential
About Our Client
Our client has a worldwide coverage and are focused on drug development and life sciences.
The Health and Safety department encompasses a wide variety of health and safety activities including, updating procedures, training, incident management, auditing and risk assessment. The main hazards on site are associated with COSHH (chemical and biological), manual handling, ergonomics/work station assessment and the use of radio-chemicals.
- Management of the health and safety department
- Management of incident reporting process
- Advise and support departmental health and safety audits
- Advise and support departmental COSHH assessments
- Advise and support departmental risk assessments
- Carry out health and safety training
- Manage health and safety contractors
- Chair management health and safety meetings and projects
- Produce and communicate safety KPIs to senior site management
- Provision of support, advice and monitoring of matters relating to Health and Safety to all levels of staff
- Responsible for radiochemical use reporting and regulatory compliance requirements to SEPA
- Liaise with and report to HSE as appropriate
The Successful Applicant
Applicants should have:
- A minimum of NEBOSH Certificate
- Excellent influencing skills and enthusiasm for creating/maintaining a positive health and safety culture by application of continuous improvement
- Proven experience of
- Risk Assessments
- Incident reporting/ investigation
- Safety auditing
- A good understanding of health and safety legislation and its application within the workplace together with some practical work experience, ideally gained in a scientific, healthcare or engineering context.
- Computer literacy is essential (competency of MS Office) and you must be capable of working on your own initiative.
- You must be flexible, detail conscious and well organised
What's on Offer
Salary circa 45k + benefits