Health and Safety Manager
Long standing business with continued success
Opportunity to drive the health and safety culture
About Our Client
The industrial manufacturer based in Wiltshire is a global leader in their market. Their products have the reputation of high quality and they supply a wide range of sectors.
The Health and Safety Manager duties will be:
- To coordinate the HSE agenda across the organisation
- To ensure the Company complies with Health, Safety and Environmental legislation and approved codes of practice and guidance
- To act as the company's competent person for Health & Safety as defined by the management of Health & Safety at Work Regulations 1999
- To support the development and deployment of HSE Framework and management system, proactively identify HSE improvement opportunities, determine and present underlying improvement case's and execute HSE improvement projects at site, regional and group level
- To provide Health, Safety and Environmental technical knowledge and expertise to the Management Committees and Plant management teams
- Multi-site responsibility
The Successful Applicant
Health and Safety Manager requirements
- Minimum relevant professional qualification e.g. IOSH certificate, NEBOSH diploma.
- Desirable a chartered member of the Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (CMIOSH).
- Working knowledge of current Health, Safety and Environmental legislation and its application in a manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge and a proven track record of delivery of health, safety and environmental management systems and the provision of advice
- Willingness to stand out and convince others of business case underlying HSE improvements
- Willingness to learn and to share knowledge
- Excellent written and interpersonal skills and the ability to challenge constructively.
- Effective team working and networking skills and the ability to work independently using own initiative.
- The ability to plan, prioritise and organise own workload.
- Personal commitment to the corporate values and objectives of the company and a culture of continuous improvement.
- Willingness to travel (up to 30% of time)
- Leading the HSE agenda by example
What's on Offer