Health and Safety Officer
A newly created health and safety role
Join a forward thinking, rapidly growing business with values at their core
About Our Client
We are delighted to be partnered with a rapidly growing FMCG manufacturing business based in South Yorkshire. Through recent expansion a number of business-critical roles have been created including the Health and Safety Officer position.
Our client has values at their core. They are an innovative, fast paced, FMCG manufacturing business who deal with high volume, low margins and tight deadlines
Responsible for managing all aspects of Health and Safety the H&S officer plays a key role in ensuring smooth and efficient operations on site.
Other responsibilities include:
Assess and improve health and safety standards ensuring full compliance and training is provided correctly.
- Ensure all near misses, accidents etc. are documented, investigated and improvements are put in place to prevent re-ocurrence.
- Complete regular audits/inspections in the factory as well ensuring fire alarms/drills
- Compose and monitor all risk assessments in accordance with relevant standards
The Successful Applicant
The successful Health and Safety Officer will have a range of the following:
- Be a team player who loves working with and getting to best out of people
- Happy being out on the shop floor interacting with the team and working at a desk
- Have worked in a manufacturing environment either in a health and safety position or a role that plays a key part in implementing health and safety on site e.g. shift/operations management
- Ability to measure and interpret data to implement new, relevant policies and procedures on site
- Relevant qualification in health and safety - IOSH, NEBOSH (ideally have or working towards certificate)
What's on Offer
Competitive salary with great company benefits