- Exciting Opportunity!
- A chance to implement and develop new HSE policies and procedures!
About Our Client
The client are a well established FMCG company, experiencing a period of growth.
The responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring the business is driving towards, executing and delivering on the HSE strategy and targets as advised by the HSE manager.
- Monitoring and reporting on all aspects of Health & Safety.
- Developing and maintaining H&S policies, systems and procedures.
- Maintaining the H&S Management system and control documentation within it.
- Completing and reviewing risk assessments for all work equipment and operations, supporting and advising managers to ensure completion.
- Ensuring that all accidents are documented, investigated and recommended improvements implemented. Providing advice and guidance to managers as required.
- Carrying out safety inspections, fire drills and fire alarms and correctly reporting.
- Liaising with H&S consultants in the provision of training programmes and H&S services.
- Keeping up to date with all aspects of relevant Health, safety and welfare legislation and communicate relevant changes to the business and advising the business on the as appropriate.
- Providing regular reports to the Board and senior management team on relevant H&S activities.
- Training employees to meet specific H&S requirements.
- Attend relevant H&S meetings, advising on activity as required.
- Assisting in the management and organising of the safe disposal of hazardous substances, e.g. asbestos.
- Carrying out and delivering induction training to all new employees (including H&S, Food contamination, Pest Control and Manual Handling.
- Carrying out personal and welfare risk assessments on employees as necessary i.e. New and expectant mothers, injury or illness.
- Any other ad hoc duties as required.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will be:
- Experienced within a fast paced manufacturing environment.
- NEBOSH qualified or equivalent.
- Hold IEMA qualification.
- Food Safety Certificate (highly desirable).
- HACCP (Highly desirable).
- Knowledge of waste management inc. wet process waste.
- Understanding of permit consent limits.
- Able to deal and manage external agencies.
- Excellent IT skills including Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Hold a Full driving license.
- Willing to travel to Europe on occasion and when restrictions ease.
What's on Offer
An opportunity to join a growing manufacturing company.