- National role
- Diverse role
About Our Client
Large industrial organisation with sites across the UK. Driving force in the green revolution through recycling and renewable energy.
The Health Safety and Quality Manager will be responsible for ensuring that effective construction health and safety policy, processes and supporting arrangements are in place, to support the safe delivery of capital projects. To act as the functional SHQS lead for Capital Projects. When participating in the overall leadership of Projects, key decisions are to be taken in conjunction with other members of the SHQS and Capital Projects project teams.
The Successful Applicant
Requirements for Health Safety and Quality Manager
- Excellent understanding of process plant design and construction, including legislation and design safety standards.
- Technical assurance (safe by design) & Temporary works knowledge (BS5975 2019)
- Project delivery models and supporting contract frameworks
- Technical safety specifications and contract schedules
- Procurement safety requirements, PQQ, SSIP and industry skills / competence schemes
- Technical / project safety auditing
- CDM Duty Holders and appointment assessments
- Pre-construction safety / industrialisation
- Commissioning safety
- Strong relationship-building, influencing, people management skills
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Having a clear vision, direction, and sense of purpose
- Ideally 10 years health and safety management experience in complex, design, construction and commissioning projects.
- Experience in a processing environment
- 5 years design management experience in complex construction projects
- Engineering Degree
- Chartered IOSH / Engineer
- NVQ5 / Diploma in occupational health and safety
- IOSH Construction Certificate or equivalent
What's on Offer
Good salary and package