Health & Safety Manager (Housing)
£44,000 - £46,000
About Our Client
- This role is a fantastic opportunity to build a career in a dynamic and forward thinking organisation and play an important role in a vital corporate service. This is a permanent role with sites in the North West working for a fast growing residential provider.
- To carry out audits, investigations, internal enforcement and training and provide advice and assistance in order to achieve best practice and fulfil the statutory obligations imposed upon the Group in relation to health and safety.
- To prepare, publish and update as necessary the Group's corporate Health and Safety policies and procedures in conjunction with the Head of People and Culture, Head of Asset Management, Managing Director (Compliance & Property Services).
- To chair the Corporate Health and Safety Group ensuring H&S compliance across the Group as well as providing health and safety advice to the Group and any sub groups.
- To provide support to the Senior Management Team and other officers in respect of any investigation undertaken by the Health and Safety Executive in relation to activities of the Group.
- To prepare and submit reports to Corporate Health & Safety Group, senior management team and Board as appropriate, including an annual report on health & safety performance for the Group.
- To draft corporate arrangements, and provide technical health and safety advice on service specific policies and procedures as they relate to health and safety.
- To monitor and report on effectiveness of the Group's safety policies and procedures through comprehensive audits of Group activities as they relate to health and safety; investigation of accidents and other incidents; review of accidents and trends etc.
- To advise colleagues on safety and health implications of new projects, premises, systems of work or substances.
- To provide advice and technical information to line managers on request.
- To co-ordinate with the People and Culture HR & LD team to ensure appropriate focused health and safety training for staff at all levels delivering in house training sessions, workshops and briefings as required.
- To advise on the need for expansion, revision or other modification to corporate health and safety policies with reference to changes in legislation or operational arrangements.
The Successful Applicant
- Professional Health and Safety Qualifications for example NEBOSH.
- IOSH membership.
- Thorough understanding of the main Health, Safety and Environmental Regulations.
- Full understanding of CDM regulations.
- Able to demonstrate a working knowledge of OHSAS:18001 and ISO:14001 certification standards.
- Able to demonstrate an understanding of ISO:9001 Quality management standards.
- Residential properties experience, preferably in a social housing environment.
- Driving licence
What's on Offer
- Competitive salary with excellent benefits
- Full flexible working policy
- Large holiday entitlement
- Life assurance
- Employer pension contributions