Health & Safety Officer
12 month FTC
Brand new position
About Our Client
Our client specialises in corporate services and has an exceptional reputation for customer satisfaction and quality of care.
- Primary lead & coordinator for Health & Safety & Environmental activities
- Advises management teams on legal requirements, industry best practice, and prevailing group standards
- Works in conjunction with site management to drive the Safety agenda
- Drives culture change / reinforcement of good safety cultures, creating the forums and opportunities to involve and communicate with colleagues
- Coordinates the generation and routine maintenance/review of risk assessment and safe systems of work processes
- Coordinate accident investigation processes, recording and reporting industrial injuries as required
- Designates and carries out routine Site Health & Safety/Environmental audits to comply with the local site and wider regional requirements
- Support & advise Occupational Health & HR as required to ensure the health & of our colleagues. Specifically mental health legislation experience is essential.
- Responsibility for the coordination of other wider site service activities such as security & waste management
- Work alongside Site management structures in developing the sites for continued success taking part in projects or project work as required.
- Contribute to the general management and decision making, and activity of the Site Management teams.
- Produce reports & presentations as necessary to meet with management requirements.
The Successful Applicant
- Recognised professional qualification in health and safety (IOSH, NEBOSH, etc)
- Proven background and experience in leading health and safety in a corporate environment
- Readily available and open to a 12 month contract
- Solid experience in Mental Health Legislation is essential
- Highly organised and a good time manager
What's on Offer
Excellent package + benefits