HGV & LGV Mechanics
Great location in Nottingham
37.5 hours per week contract, with added OT and 32 days holiday
About Our Client
My client is one of the fastest growing businesses in the Nottingham area, with a mixture of both a large internal fleet and also external customers. My client's main incentive is a short 37 hour working week, with standard holidays set at 33 days per year (inclusive of bank holidays). This would either suit a seasoned professional or a new-starter in the industry, with an array of relevant qualifications.
On a daily basis the successful HGV & LGV Mechanics will be required to maintain, repair, inspect and test Class 4, 5 and 7 vehicles for a mixture of both internal and external customers. Your daily duties will include the following key areas:
- Carrying out diagnosis on both complex electrical and hydraulic systems. Along with providing solutions to fix faults.
- Conduct fabrication, welding and body work repairs as required.
- Attending broken down or accident damaged vehicles and find solutions such as running repairs.
- Assisting with the decommissioning of company fleet vehicles - such as removing equipment and livery.
- Conducting class 4 and 7 vehicle MOT's.
- To ensure health & safety and record keeping is actively updated.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate, in both the HGV & LGV Mechanics opportunities, will report into the Transport & Workshop Manager on a daily basis. You will be easily commute to Nottingham and have the following skills set:
- City & Guilds or NVQ Level 3 qualification in Light Vehicle Maintenance or equivalent for a HGV opportunity.
- Passed experience working in either an HGV or an LGV maintenance environment.
- Full driving licence with Category B entitlement or Class 1 Licence for the HGV vacancy.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet timely deadlines.
- Commutable to the Nottingham area.
What's on Offer
- 32 days holiday
- 5% matched bonus
- Private healthcare