Homologation Engineer vacancy in Leeds for a Large Manufacturing Company
Automotive business in Leeds looking for a Homologation Engineer
About Our Client
Based in Leeds my client are a large, Design & Manufacture of Automotive components business who are now looking to recruit a Homologation Engineer. As an Engineer you will be a key member of the Engineering team working within the Product Development life cycle process with the flexibility to be deployed in all aspects of our product development programmes.
Reporting into the Legal and Homologation Manager you will be developing into a subject matter expert or advisor in the area of legal and homologation activities. You will be a driver and key co-ordinator to ensure adherence for our key development and business plan programmes. You will develop and maintain the requirements for key product development timelines, whilst highlighting the key KPIs required to ensure the successful completion of works according to the required quality and specification requirements.
As such, your strong team working and organisational skills will be embedded in your approach to all aspects of your duties. Other areas include;
- To be able to analyse, interpret and present information
- To develop towards becoming a Subject Matter Expert or Advisor and a technical Lead for Legal & Homologation certification and approval.
- To be able to apply technical principles to resolve problems and issues.
- To be able to run small sized projects.
- To maintain a regular level of communication with all other departments to make all processes as efficient as possible.
- To ensure a documented and communicated project case file and history is created and maintained for the duration of the programme.
- Engage and interact with all internal and external stakeholders to ensure the smooth transition of data and information to successfully complete and introduce our new product development plans.
- To lead, advise and make recommendations on the daily and long-term product development plans to achieve the programme goals / KPI and lead times.
- To have a thorough understanding of legal and regulatory requirements and their approval(s) and or certification process.
The Successful Applicant
to apply for this position you will have;
- Project management, organisational skills, problem solving
- Knowledge and experience of testing, validation and legal certification/approval activities and processes. (Preferably commercial vehicles IVA, WVA)
- Understanding of engineering release and control procedures.
- Key understanding of mechanical, body and electrical systems within a complex bus or similar vehicle body system.
- Excellent communication and IT skills specifically Microsoft Office packages.
- Engineering Degree Qualified, and / or extensive experience gained within the automotive or similar industries.
- Continuous improvement techniques.
- Ability at goal/target setting, programme management and measurement of personal and departmental activities and KPIs.
- A degree of commercial awareness within a manufacturing / operational type sector.
- Experience gained within a medium to heavy type engineering application or within complex type electrical or mechanical systems and applications.
- Experience with complex CAD packaging systems modelling installations, mechanical, body and electricals systems.
What's on Offer
Salary Negotiable depending on background experience.