Expanding team and huge opportunity for the right candidate
Within a sector currently going through a once in a generation change.
About Our Client
A household name in the energy sector with strong UK and European ties.
- In-House Counsel
- Provide timely, risk informed and commercially relevant legal advice to the Generation business unit on commercial, contractual, statutory and regulatory issues.
- Work closely with Business Partners within the Generation business to understand their objectives and business drivers and to identify current and future legal requirements.
- Draft and participate in the negotiation of contracts under appropriate supervision.
- Develop and deliver training courses appropriate for the business and for other solicitors as required.
- Help, monitor and advise on future legislative changes that may impact the business.
The Successful Applicant
- In-House Counsel
- Qualified solicitor admitted in England and Wales or equivalent. The Generation Legal team would welcome any level of post-qualification experience, from newly qualified lawyers to lawyers with several year's experience but those in the earlier to mid-part of their career may find the most value in the work and development opportunities available.
- Interest in delivering a pro-active, business focused service that anticipates risks and prevents commercial impacts.
- Possesses (appropriate to the level of PQE) solid, well rounded legal knowledge and drafting skills in commercial, contractual and / or regulatory law.
- Able to work both independently, where appropriate, and under the supervision of a more senior lawyer where required.
- Able to use MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint and other commonly used IT to an intermediate level.
What's on Offer
Competitive salary and good benefits as well as ongoing career prospects and development.
This In-house Counsel role will be based in Gloucestershire.