In House Disputes Resolution/ Construction Solicitor
In House Disputes Resolution/ Constuction Solicitor
Manchester or Leeds
About Our Client
Our client a leader in its sector is looking to recruit an In House Disputes Resolution/ Construction Solicitor to join its in house legal team to be based in Manchester or Leeds.
The key responsibilities for the In House Disputes Resolution/ Construction Solicitor role will include
- Providing accurate, timely and pragmatic legal guidance.
- Reporting to Senior Legal Counsel and/or Legal Director on contractual relationships of concern and other areas of risk with a focus on construction and engineering disputes.
- Progression and resolution of differences and disputes with clients and suppliers including litigation, commercial disputes, mediation and adjudication.
- Providing pragmatic dispute resolution advice to the Real Estate and Infrastructure business in relation to construction and real estate projects.
- Liaison with business to provide proactive legal and commercial support to help them achieve: (i) their business plans and (ii) the effective delivery and management of existing contracts.
- Close working relationship with the Commercial team and wider divisional and central legal team.
- Assisting with internal reporting and ad-hoc projects.
- Any other duties and responsibilities reasonably required that are commensurate with the role.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate for the role will have the following attributes
- Sound legal, commercial, business and negotiating acumen.
- Working knowledge of standard form construction contracts, in particular the NEC and JCT suite of contracts.
- A proven ability to handle a varied and complex caseload including running a number of disputes simultaneously
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Articulate and numerate drafting.
- Proactive, solution-oriented attitude to resolving business issues.
- Professional and personal integrity
- Project management and prioritisation skills.
- Good interpersonal skills
What's on Offer
The salary will be commensurate with the level of experience. Candidates who are contentious solicitors/ construction solicitors should apply. If you might be interested in any other in house roles in the North please contact Susan McNulty on 0113 2437730/ 0796 7751440.