- Opportunity to join a global, industry leading business
- Fantastic support from a finance department with an exceptional reputation
About Our Client
A global marketing business based in the Manchester area.
As In House Indirect Tax Manager your role will provide support to the team across a number of sites.
Responsibilities will include but won't be limited to:
- Responsibility for management, training and development of one VAT Assistant.
- Responsibility for all VAT Reporting (VAT Returns, EC Sales Lists, Intrastat Returns - Arrivals and Despatches, and End of Year Returns) covering four entities (13 Regs in total - including 3 UK, 2 Row and 8 EU Regs) - preparing the larger ones and reviewing and approving smaller submissions before they are made.
- Ownership of new project to ensure appropriate reporting in place.
- Ownership and clear understanding of Brexit / EU rules to support the business.
- Ownership of VAT admin to include set up of new VAT Registrations, VAT inspections contact and coordinator, and being main user on VAT submission websites.
- Responsibility for planning and future-proofing the VAT software system - including updating system VAT rules, liaising with IT on system upgrades, mapping to accounting systems.
- Responsibility for month-end coordination and close of VAT Accounts.
- Responsibility for preparation and review of VAT balance sheet reconciliations.
- Forecasting of VAT cash-flows (payments and refunds).
- Providing VAT compliance and transfer pricing expertise across all entities, including business support and advice on all VAT. issues (employee understanding, projects, customer/supplier queries).
- Providing day to day assistance to internal stakeholders on any VAT queries as and when they arise.
- Providing VAT training across all entities tailoring this to each entity and what they do.
- Liaison with auditors and external VAT advisors regarding the above VAT returns (both ongoing reporting and also ad hoc queries).
- Ensuring a "proactive" approach is taken to VAT training and rule maintenance so the business is kept up to date with changes that impact them.
- Assistance with annual Budgets and interim re-forecasts, coordinating with other finance team members.
- Assist with the upgrade and ongoing maintenance of the VAT software system from a Finance perspective.
The Successful Applicant
- The successful In House Indirect Tax Manager will have VAT / Indirect Tax specific experience from an accountancy practice or a different business.
- You will be confident and assertive with the ability to build rapport and effectively communicate with people at all levels.
- You will be determined to go the extra mile to achieve results.
- Drive to take ownership and responsibility for own work and operate independently, with the ability to also demonstrate great teamwork, ensuring the VAT Assistant is appropriately supported. Also colleagues across a number of sites and time zones will need to be responded to within appropriate timescales so you must be team oriented and able to maintain positive and supportive relationships with your colleagues at all times.
- Strong VAT skills and proven experience of tasks outlined above are a must.
- Proven ability to work in a fast moving finance environment is essential.
- The position requires someone who is highly computer literate, with excellent Excel skills and keen attention to detail.
- Effective organisational ability and time management skills are crucial, and you must be able to work to tight deadlines.
What's on Offer
- £40,000 - £50,000
- Global Development and Secondment Opportunities
- Flexible Working
- Subsidised Well-being Programme, Contributory Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Great Holiday Scheme, Bonus Scheme & Sickness Scheme