In House Indirect Tax Manager
Opportunity to join a growing team with excellent support
The business is continually growing and offers clear career progression
About Our Client
This is fast paced business offering an opportunity to see a variety of tax areas; the ideal candidate will therefore be ambitious and keen to become a key part of a reputable and fast moving organisation. They have performed extremely well this year given the circumstances and are looking to hire an In House Indirect Tax Manager due to growth. They have also embraced flexibility and will require some level of home working if this is what is preferred.
The successful In House Indirect Tax Manager will be an enthusiastic and passionate team member who is looking to develop themselves and their team whilst actively managing the indirect tax compliance function including:
- Managing the VAT return compliance across multiple jurisdictions
- Reviewing VAT returns prepared by the tax accountants
- Tax configuration and setup of the business ERP and wider systems
- Ensuring the business can meet all e-reporting requirements
- Supporting the wider business on Customs Duty compliance and processes
- Supporting the business in its growth plans by offering strategic, ad hoc advice as needed on all projects
- Identifying and implement continuous improvement in process and controls
- Managing external advisers in relation to indirect tax matters
- Implementing required changes due to changing indirect tax legislation across multiple jurisdictions
- Provide training to other areas of the business
The Successful Applicant
This is a great role for someone with a broad and comprehensive level of experience of indirect taxes - prior experience in retail / e-commerce would be great but not essential.
* Qualified in a professional Accountancy Qualification - ACA / ATT or CTA qualified or qualified by experience in the relevant profession or HMRC
* Significant experience in VAT accounting and financial reconciliations
* Strong UK/EU VAT technical knowledge and an ability to independently to problem solve commercially focused situations.
* Ability to drive change and work with others to improved processes and controls
* Ability to prioritise workload and keep to deadlines
* Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders
* Outstanding attention to detail whilst keeping in mind the bigger picture
* A team player who is happy to muck in and get the job done
What's on Offer
£55,000 - £60,000 + other benefits
They have also embraced flexibility and will require some level of home working going forward if this is what is preferred.